Riot are fantastic at designing beautiful skins for their characters. The characters in Wild Rift are certainly no exception. With hundreds of skins available, you may be wondering to yourself how you can get skins in Wild Rift.
How to get skins in Wild Rift
The four main methods to acquire skins are.
- Purchase them from the in-game store
- Obtain them from chests
- Earn them through ranked mode
- Earn them through the premium Wild Pass
Purchasing skins from the store
Because Wild Rift is a free-to-play game, of course, they’re constantly trying to sell you cosmetics to keep the lights on. However, they do sell some pretty neat skins in their in-game store. So if you’re willing to spend a bit of money, this could be a viable option.
To purchase a skin from the in-game store, follow these steps.
- Tap on the store (coin icon) tab from the main menu
- Tap on the skin tab at the bottom
- Tap on the skin you want
- Follow the on-screen instructions to purchase Wild Cores
Obtaining skins from chests
If you’re hesitant to give Riot your money in exchange for some skins. You’re in luck because you can earn free skins through events. The current active events are Masters of the Hunt and Wild Rift Academy. Participating in these events will award you skin selection chests, random skin chests, and Poro Coins.
- Selection chests will give you a set list of skins to choose from.
- Random skin chests will hand you a random skin from the in-game store.
- Poro Coins are rewarded based on your progress while participating in the event, alongside challenges. You can spend these in the Poro Store for chests, which contain Poro Energy. When you hit 5,000 Poro Energy the meter will be full, and you can get a random skin.
Earnings skin through ranked mode
There’s one more free-to-play method to earning skins, that’s through the ranked mode. When you reach Gold rank, you will be awarded the Glorious Jinx skin. The skin that’s awarded will more and likely change next season, so you might want to get your hands on it now.
Earnings skins through the premium Wild Pass
You can obtain skins through the Wild Pass if you purchase it for 590 Wild Cores. The Wild Pass functions like battles passes in any other game and you can get the Hexplorer Jax skin, as well as a random skin chest from it.